Saturday, January 19, 2013



Kindness DOES Matters

Kindness can change things. Maybe it won’t change the world but there is something powerful in an act of kindness. A moment of goodness that allows us to forget about the ugliness for an instant. And if for one instant we can see the world as a better place, it’s worth its weight in gold. Kindness is a choice, so that’s my goal, to find ways of simply showing more kindness because heaven knows the country could use more of it.  

Sometimes the hardest part is just getting started… I’ve been thinking of this for a few weeks now and I’ve been trying to come up with a plan. You know how much I love plans! But today it wasn’t my plan, it was God’s plan. I was headed to do some shopping at our local super-center, all the while talking to God about what I had in mind. I prayed that I would be led in a direction he saw fit. In the next block, literally, the next block, I see a man sitting on the side of the street. He has a sign propped up in front of him but I can’t read what it says because I’m driving up on the backside of him. I knew immediately that I needed to do something. I decided to see exactly what the sign said in hopes I would be led in a certain direction. The sign simply said, “Homeless, please help.” We live a small town, at least in big city comparisons and I know there are people who ‘work the system’ and take advantage of others who try to help but I have to believe in the goodness of mankind so I believe that people who are in need of help should catch a break occasionally. I decided to stop at the local eatery he was sitting across from and get him something to eat. I then purchased a gift card from same eatery and gave it to him. He thanked me graciously and was very appreciative. It’s by far the best money I spent today.

Each day we have the CHOICE to be kind. It only takes a moment of our time to brighter someone else’s day. Pass It On! When you drop a simple act of kindness into the pond, you never know how far the ripples will go.




No comments:

Post a Comment