Thursday, February 14, 2013

THURSDAY'S THANKFULNESS



Last night we had a Valentine’s dinner at church which focused on the “young” couples but many of us “old” couples were there too. J It was so nice to celebrate all the Lord’s blessing in a marriage. We played the newlywed game which made it evident that I have no idea who I’m married to. Ha! Needless to say, we didn’t win.

  On good days, marriage and love go together perfectly like macaroni and cheese. On other days marriage and love go together like potato chips and chocolate sauce. Let’s face it, some seasons of marriage can be wonderful and other seasons can be downright difficult and rotten. There are times when we struggle in our marriage but the important thing is when we do, we do it together. God brought my husband and I together and for that I am very thankful. There have been many times along the way that I didn’t know if we would succeed at marriage but we have and we continue to move forward each day by giving thanks for God’s plan and as we continue to submit ourselves to the Lord, our marriage is becoming something more than I ever imagined it could be.

So today, I am thankful for God’s will and I’m thankful to know that His plan is much greater than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment