Friday, March 15, 2013

Alternatives to candy



Easter is just a couple weeks away and I’m sure you’ve all seen the stacks of candy in the store aisles. As always, I’m looking for alternatives to give my sweet little grandsons other than candy. Yesterday I was searching on Amazon and found a ton of ideas that would be great Easter gifts and fun for the boys too.


 I found a plate that has a simple face on it and then the kids can put different foods on this plate for his hair, eyebrows, beard, etc. Super cute idea! (Fred and Friends food face).


 There are some adorable lunch bags that I found so each little guy is getting one of those; dog, hippo, lion, and elephant. We can use them for picnics in the back yard or taking stuff to ball games. (They are Skip Hop Zoo Lunchies)


 I also found some reusable silicone ice pop molds that cut down on drips and leaks. (Norpro Silicone Ice Pops) Summer isn’t summer without popsicles! 


OH! And I found some really cute finger puppets and ABC’s too. I finally had to just stop looking!         
                                                            

There are also some really fun things like chopsticks for kids that are connected so it’s easier for them to use – tools to cut foods into fun shapes – tools to cut sandwiches into animal shapes etc. You can search for ‘kids food’ and you’ll see a lot of options. 


Grandma doesn’t really need an excuse to buy stuff for the kiddos but after all…. Easter is coming!  Hope this gives you some ideas to give those little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment