Wednesday, January 1, 2014



I read somewhere that people who make New Year’s resolutions abandon those resolutions within 3 days. Hmmm…. 
I’m not a big resolution maker but I find myself motivated to beat those odds. In 2014 I will challenge myself to make changes. I have a few specific things in mind that I want to work on but I’m hoping I surprise myself by what unfolds throughout the year. 


 1.Be Generous – Generosity doesn’t have to be gifts of money although many times it is. Generosity can mean making another’s life easier or more pleasant. That’s what I want to strive for this year. Something as simple as a smile can lighten a person’s mood and give
them a moment of happiness in their otherwise stressful day. Or giving someone the benefit of the doubt instead of shutting them out. I think it’s safe to say that we could all work a little harder on generosity in our world. 







2.  Simplify - It’s taken me a lifetime to begin to understand this word. I’m learning that I have to let go of things that I can’t control. It’s ok if things are less than perfect. I’m learning to find myself. As corny as that sounds it is true. I’ve always been something other than ‘me’. I’ve been a wife, a mom, a daughter, a neighbor. But somewhere along the line I lost myself. Now I’m making choices that aren’t always popular with the people around me. And that’s ok. I still value their views and advice but in the end it’s for me.










Happy New Year my friend. I hope you make a change in 2014 that creates a lot of smiles. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment