Saturday, April 12, 2014

Count down

18 days

Having never traveled internationally, I'm doing a fair share of research on-line about the dos and don't of travel in Italy. Some of the things I'm finding are interesting to say the least. I'm anxious to see how many things I've read turn out to be true in our own travel experience.

 Tip #1 ~ Don't sit down in an Italian cafe. No, really don't. Why? Because as soon as you sit down rather than stand at the bar, the price of whatever you eat or drink will double.

Tip #2 ~ Touching the produce, such as fruits and vegetables, is considered very rude in Italy. The shopper must never handle the produce unless given permission by the shop owner. Most people visiting Italy find this out the hard way. 

I'm looking forward to shopping at the outdoor street markets for lunch time picnics or creating meals for ourselves while we're there.
I just hope we remember to ask for help before picking up a piece of produce to test it's freshness. If not, I may have a story to tell later. :)
And after walking around all day long, I will gladly pay whatever it takes to sit at a table to eat my meal. :)


** I didn't know ..... Italy is only slightly larger than the state of Arizona**

1 comment: