Thursday, August 7, 2014

SPANISH STEPS

In hindsight, I wish we'd had a guide book with us on our Italy trip. There were such impressive buildings and architecture at every turn and it was beautiful to look at but we didn't always know exactly what we were looking at; not to mention the history behind it.

Katie requested visiting The Spanish Steps in Rome and I have to be honest, I had never heard of it until she mentioned it. As I'm going back through pictures, I'm now taking the time to look more at the history of where we've been. :)
This is our view from the top of the steps.
This area had a lot of tourists and also a lot of street merchants trying to sell you anything and everything. They were actually quite annoying and borderline rude. They would get in your face and wouldn't take no for an answer. 


We were about 8 days in to our trip and had walked some serious miles by this time and I had lost my patience with the street vendors. When Jess was trying to take this picture of Shell, Katie and myself, I was 'shooing' them out of the way. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment