Sunday, September 14, 2014

NEW IS GOOD



For the first time in my life, I have time on my hands. REAL time. I have quiet days. I have time to think – really think. Maybe it is that I’m forced to think quietness.
I am gaining perspective, possibly for the first time ever. I realize what is important. I’ve always know what’s been important; I simple didn’t take the time to appreciate those things as I should have. 


I was busy. I was busy raising kids. I was busy working on my marriage. I was busy raising teenagers. I was busy surviving the empty nest syndrome. I was busy trying to be someone I wasn’t. I was busy. 


This is a new time in my life, one I’ve never experienced. New is an adjustment. New is good. I’m allowing God to work in my life in a new and distinct way. Notice I said I’m allowing. God has been in my life all along but I haven’t always opened my heart to the relationship I should have with Him – until now.  


How thankful I am that you’re never too old or too young for God to work in your life. How thankful I am for God’s patience and grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment