Thursday, October 2, 2014

TOO BUSY

I'm just so busy...

My schedule is crazy busy...

Sorry, I can't, I'm just too busy... 

How are you?  I'm busy!



Young, old, family, no family -- We're all busy. 

Some might think "I'm too busy" makes you look important but it doesn't. It makes you look frazzled. 

Have you ever noticed how your sentence starts out as an apology? "Sorry, I can't do that. I'm just too busy." 

There is nothing wrong with ambition, drive or motivation. Those are all great attributes to have; and sometimes life can smother us with job, family, or unforeseen demands. But let's be honest, no one is making us do things we don't want to do. Busy is most often a choice. We are living in an age of workaholics, limited family time, keeping up with the Joneses, kids enrolled in every activity in town and technology overload.

Every single person has the same amount of time each day. We all get 24 hours. What we do with those hours is up to us.

 I suppose its possible you'll lie on your death bed wishing you'd worked more. But in reality I'm guessing each of us will wish we could have one more family dinner together or one more good laugh with a friend.

Life is too short to be busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment