Saturday, July 4, 2015

MY FAVORITE

4th of July -- My favorite holiday!

I love fireworks in the night sky. Everyone is looking upwards, anticipating the explosion of colors and the patterns of light falling toward the ground in crystal like clusters.  

And then there's always the random zinger that shoots toward the house unexpectedly and everyone jumps up and runs haphazardly toward safety, which causes lots of laughs by those watching. 

Every year as I watch the night sky light up with celebration, I think of the military people who also see night sky explosions but not the kind that represent celebrations. Those explosions are ones of fighting, of war, of chaos. Those explosions of light are ones of protection, for themselves and for the country they are protecting. 

Every year, on the 4th of July, I thank those military people who may be a world away, fighting in a foreign country, so that I may have the freedom to sit outside my home and watch the neighbor children send up the beautiful fireworks into the night sky.

I'm always proud to live in the United States of America but on the 4th of July, I am profoundly grateful that I have the freedom to celebrate our country's independence. 

Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July my friends. God Bless the USA.



No comments:

Post a Comment