Saturday, October 31, 2015

Above ALL Things


I had such a wonderful conversation with my oldest grandson today. He and I were playing school and after finishing our 'homework' in all subjects I asked him what else he wanted to work on. His response was, "We haven't done religion yet." 

The first thing that came to my mind were the ten commandments and I explained to him that my favorite was Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 

 We discussed how things should never be more important than God. That television should never come before God, that money should never come before God and that even our family should never come before God. I told him that when we put God first, everything else will be better. 

I also told him that sports should never come before God. We talked about having a football game on a Sunday and choosing the game over God was telling God that He wasn't as important as that game.

 My grandson said, "But what if it is the championship?" 

We had the most wonderful discussion about  how it would be very hard to miss the championship and how some people wouldn't understand the decision but choosing God above ALL things was what mattered most. 

We talked about how God would be doing a happy dance in heaven and singing, "J. chose me...J. chose me...J chose me...."



No comments:

Post a Comment