Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 86

Breakfast was a smoothie with yogurt, orange juice, strawberries, and blueberries. I just love smoothies. I should eat them every morning. They are so quick and simple to throw together. Dwight and I met up for lunch in town and I always wonder how it will turn out when eating at restaurants. Today I chose the salad bar at local place and was really pleased with it. It seems like there were more choices than usual for me. I made a big salad of spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, cranberries, green peppers, and celery. I never use dressing and I can honestly say I don’t miss it all anymore. I actually taste the salad and not the dressing. I also had garbanzo beans (which I just love!), peas, and red grapes. I had two big plates of all sorts of colorful foods. It was so pretty to look at. J The salad bar had a dish of corn and black beans which looked really tasty but it looked like it had some type of dressing on it and I didn’t know what that was so I passed. Supper was stir fry with a ton of veggies and cabbage. I love stir fry as well. What a great day for yummy REAL food!
While we were eating lunch, the subject of salad dressings came up as Dwight was eating his salad. When we got back home, he started getting things out of the fridge and looking at ingredients. (made my heart smile) When he looked at the back of ranch dressing bottle his only comment was “wow – there really is a lot of stuff in there”. And as we’re eating supper tonight he looks at his plate of yummy stir fry and says, “well, there’s no preservatives in this”. J
I’ve gotten a few ideas for my next challenge – all good ones! If you have any other ideas, please send them my way. I’d love to hear them!
* Thought for the day*

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.  ~Stacia Tauscher

No comments:

Post a Comment