Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 88

Thanksgiving is just a few days away and I thought I better come up with a plan for our meal. This will be my first REAL food Thanksgiving and I’m kind of looking forward to seeing what I come up with. Jon and Katie both have to work, and Jess and Brad will be going to his folks, so Dwight and I will be here by ourselves. We’re both kind of looking forward to a very quiet lazy day. New England plays Detroit so we’ll get to watch two Nebraska boys play – that will be fun. Dwight talked about making a turkey but I voted against that. I’m guessing turkeys are raised very similar to chickens and I just can’t bring myself to eat that when I’m thinking of them hobbling around.  Nope – can’t do it. SO… we’re going to bake a locally grown chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy ( I’ll have a baked potato – I don’t like mashed potatoes.), fresh green beans,  maple roasted vegetables (new recipe),  pumpkin custard (new recipe), and dressing made with our own bread. I plan on using a recipe we love and just switching our whole wheat bread for store bought ciabatta bread. Hope it works.  So that means I need to make some bread tomorrow. I’ll buy new yeast and hopefully don’t have the same results as last time where it didn’t raise.  
*Thought for the day*
Don’t worry that your children never listen to you; worry that they are always listening to you.~ Robert Fulghum

No comments:

Post a Comment