From Michael Pollan’s book Food Rules, a few ‘rules’ to think about.
· If it came from a plant, eat it. If it was made in a plant, don’t.
· Eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself. – If you made all the french fries you ate, you would eat them much less often. The same is true for chips, cakes, pies, and ice cream.
· Do all your eating at a table. Don’t eat while working or watching tv or driving a car!
· Avoid foods you see advertised on tv. Those are largely processed foods.
· He summarizes everything into one statement. *Eat food. Not too much, Mostly plants.
Food for thought! J