Sunday, December 19, 2010

Challenge 2-Day 6

New day! – New attitude! – New week!  I still haven’t made it grocery shopping, I’m putting it off as long as I possibly can. What’s really great is that I’m able to find things in my cupboards that I can make meals with. I’ve had to get a little creative a couple times, but it’s worked out well so far. J Tomorrow’s ‘menu’ is set. 
Breakfast – homemade granola 
Lunch – Bean soup leftovers – one of my ‘creative’ meals that I put together this weekend. It turned out quite yummy!                                                           
Supper – whole wheat pasta with sauce 
As I continue reading “The China Study” I’m finding it interesting and a little disturbing of the findings of this study. It discusses the direct correlation between the amount of animal protein we eat and the prominent diseases that are associated with it; heart disease, breast cancer, colon cancer, etc. According to the results of this 20+ year study, when animal protein consumption increases, diseases increase. When animal protein consumption decreases, diseases decrease accordingly. It’s gotten me thinking about how much of the food I eat is an animal product or animal by product. With everything I picked up today I found myself asking, “Does this have anything to do with an animal?” French toast – made with eggs (animal byproduct) Milk on my granola (animal by product) the list goes on and on. I’ve never been one who thinks about being a vegetarian and honestly I don’t know if I could nor do I know if I want to. I’ve been raised on meat my entire life. Meat with nearly every single meal in fact. What I would like to focus on is simply cutting down the amount of animal products I introduce to my body and focus more on plant based foods. Sounds simply enough but for someone like me who has developed patterns of steak and eggs for breakfast, it will be a definite change in my thought process!
*Thought for the day*
 Is it because light travels faster than sound that some people appear bright until you hear them speak? J

No comments:

Post a Comment