Saturday, February 12, 2011

Challenge 2 - Day 43

I made the pasta recipe that called for leeks and I’m so thankful I did - it was a hit! Actually, my mom is coming to visit in a few days and I’m going to make it again for her. After eating a leek, I’m still not sure how to explain what it tastes like. It’s one of those foods that just has its own flavor I guess. I also used capers for the first time. Wow, I’m really stretching my boundaries aren’t I? ha!
I have to admit, I haven’t been making a ‘plan’ of my meals lately. In fact, I’ve kind of been winging it as the days come. Thankfully, I keep enough good food around that I can usually come up with something appropriate. It might be a weird combination of foods, but it works! J   With my mom coming, I’m planning a few specific meals so I’ll be heading to the grocery store this morning to get any needed items. She always enjoys our cooking while she’s here and we enjoy having her here! It’s nice to pamper her occasionally. She deserves it!

** Thought for the day **
The problem with making heroes out of humans is that when they act like humans, everyone is disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment