Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Challenge 2

Day 95
I have to admit, I’ve fallen along the wayside with my eating and I can tell a big difference. My biggest downfall is I’m not planning what I’m eating and therefore just grabbing what I find. Also, Dwight has been traveling a lot lately and I just can’t justify making “meals” for myself which is exactly what I should be doing! My days are busy and by evening the last thing I have the energy for is to cook up a meal for myself although I think I’d satisfy my appetite far better by an actual meal rather than eating a little of this and that. As far as eating vegan, I’ve stayed fairly true to that with a couple exceptions. I can now understand why some people claim to be vegans and yet be very unhealthy. There is a lot of crappy food out there that is technically vegan but not the least bit healthy for you. I still feel it’s important to eat a vegan diet as much as possible which I plan to do.
Today for lunch I made Jaxon sandwiches on a stick, which basically was putting everything you’d have on a sandwich – on a kabob skewers. He loved it!! He asked for seconds and thirds and fourths! He had black olives, cucumbers, cheese, pickles, eggs, and a little ham. He just thought it was the funniest thing that he was eating off a stick! J  Later on, when I asked him what he wanted for a snack, he said, “stick”. So… we loaded up the kabob sticks with cantaloupe and strawberries. I think we might have found our new favorite way to eat at Grammy’s house!
* Thought for the day*
We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way. 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment