Monday, April 11, 2011

Challenge 2

Day 101
The last remnants of winter are nearly gone and I anxiously want spring to be in complete control. Sunshine along with budding trees and signs of color in the world are very welcomed by me. It’s been a long winter with far too many windy days which have kept us captive in the house for far too long!
With spring comes Easter and with Easter comes….. candy! Every year I tell myself I’m not buying Easter candy and every year I do! The merchandising executives are doing a wonderful job at making me (the consumer) feel the need to purchase their brightly colored packages! Old habits die hard, so I will just keep pushing in the right direction.
I’m now at day 101 of my second challenge and I am disappointed in how I’ve done compared to my first 100 day challenge. I have really been struggling with eating REAL food recently. I take complete responsibility for my slip ups; after all, I am in control of what I put in my mouth. It comes down to finding and renewing that passion that I had/have about the importance of REAL food. Somehow over the last few months, my mind had become foggy and the passion has faded--not disappeared but faded. So I pray that along with the renewed days of sunshine, the passion for my REAL food journey is also rejuvenated.
*Thought for the day*
Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours each day that were given to Helen Keller, Mother Teresa, Albert Einstein, and Martin Luther King.

No comments:

Post a Comment