Monday, July 18, 2011

It’s Back To Basics for me! Time to get back to the 3 rules I started this journey with!
1.      Don’t eat anything your grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food
2.      Don’t eat anything with an ingredient  that a 3rd grader can’t pronounce
3.      Anything store bought must have 5 ingredients or less
By following those 3 rules alone, I’ll be back on track in no time! I’ve been going back through my old blog posts and have found comments like “This isn’t as hard as I thought it would be” and “One month down and going strong”. Those give me some encouragement that I can get myself on the right path again. And on top of everything I’m hoping that the extra pounds I’ve gained will start coming off! J
I still believe it’s a lot easier for the food industry to slap a health claim on a box of sugary cereal than it is on a bag of potatoes, so I need to be diligent in my choices at the grocery store. The healthy foods sit quietly in the produce section while the cereal aisle is boasting of its ‘heart healthy goodness’ to the consumer. If we want to get the attention of the food industry, remember-it matters what we Don’t eat as much as what we Do eat.
So here’s to a great day! I hope each of you is enjoying this sweltering summer weather we are having. I know I’ve been enjoying my air conditioning! J
*Thought for the day*
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I’m halfway through my fish sandwich and I realize, “Oh Gosh, I might be eating a slow learner.” J

No comments:

Post a Comment