Monday, August 15, 2011

TIME FOR SCHOOL!
I can’t believe it’s time for school to begin again but the one thing I do like about it is that I’m forced to be back on a schedule! It also means I am on Grammy duty again with the boys. This year is a little different as I’ll be watching the boys at their house most days which also means I’ll be making their meals there as well. That means I need to get back to ‘planning’ the meals we’ll be having. I know many of you have kids heading back to school which means early mornings and lots more extra activities in the evenings. Do you send your child’s lunch with him/her to school? (don’t even get me started on what I think of school lunches!!!!!!!)  Do you take your own lunch to work? Some fun ideas for kid’s lunches (and your own!)
* whole wheat tortillas filled with peanut butter and raisins – roll them up, cut them in ‘chunks’ and secure with fancy toothpicks. This adds a little pizzazz to their lunch J
* apple sandwiches – slice the apple into thin slices and remove core. Use two slices spread with peanut butter to make a ‘sandwich’.                                                                                       ** Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter has 1 ingredient – Peanuts!!!!!! **
* fruit kabobs – kids love to eat food on a stick!
* take full advantage of the fruits in season! Send watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches, etc in their lunches!
*Thought for the day*
Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour? J

No comments:

Post a Comment