Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It seems like my 3 year old grandson is constantly asking for a ‘snack’ so I’ve really been focusing on having healthy options that are quickly available.  I know it’s perfectly normal for him to feel “hungry”. He has a small stomach, an amazingly high level of energy, and he’s growing quickly. If I jumped around as much as he does I’d need some serious energy to refuel too. J The main thing is to steer him toward nutritious choices as often as possible. We’ve kind of turned it into a game and whenever he wants a ‘snack’ we tap our chin with our finger as if we’re in deep thought and then go through our options. It’s so cute to watch him do that! J He loves pistachios, raisins, granola, carrot sticks, grapes, and popcorn (air popped not microwave). He has such imagination when it comes to eating popcorn! Each kernel he picks up we try to imagine what it looks like; a hippo, a flamingo, a jalapeno, etc etc. J  I wish all adults could remember how to be more like a child again ! Tomorrow I plan on introducing him to hummus with our carrot sticks. He’s usually really good at trying new foods so I’m anxious to see what he thinks of it.   

*Thought for the day*
“Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.” ~ Dr. Hiam Ginott




No comments:

Post a Comment