Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wind really annoys me, more than any other kind of weather. I can handle rain. Actually I enjoy rain. Rain makes things smell fresh and clean and farmers always welcome rain for thirsty crops. And of course, the sun makes people smile. Sunshine means days at the lake, running through the sprinkler and picnics in the backyard. But wind, I just can’t handle wind! Ugghhh…
On such a cold windy dreary day, chili sounds good so I’ve got black beans, pinto beans, and northern beans soaking. As you know, I’m a big fan of beans and by using dry beans I know there are zero additives and preservatives added and I can control the amount of salt used. I’ve noticed canned beans can be really high in sodium so I really pay attention to the labels. Beans are a great source of fiber and protein. They’re also such a versatile staple that can be used in soups, casseroles, tacos and burritos so I always try to keep some on hand.
I hope your week is a good one!
*Thought for the day*
The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese. J

No comments:

Post a Comment