Saturday, September 29, 2012

TOMATOES

We LOVE tomatoes! Seriously, we use a ton of tomatoes over the period of a year. We eat lots of soups, stews, chili, etc and we also are serious salsa people. My husband likes to make his salsa extremely hot; whereas I like mine very mild. Hubby has made several batches this year that are HOT... as in he can barely eat it because it's so hot. He's sweating and his mouth is on fire and he just keeps eating it!! How enjoyable is that?!? Definitely not for me. I want to be able to TASTE mine, not have it burn my taste buds off. :)

 We're hoping this fabulous fall weather holds out a while longer with no freezes because we have a ton of tomatoes on the vine yet.
Last weekend, we tried FRIED green tomatoes. Has anyone else eaten those? This was a first for us. We dipped the slices of green tomato in egg and then in corn meal and fried them in a skillet. They were surprsingly sour! I wasn't prepared for them to be sour. I was expecting them to taste like squash but they didn't. It's hard to compare them to any other food, they have a taste of their own.


*thought for the day*

LOVE:     "I think you're supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn't supposed to be so painful." -- Manuel, age 8

No comments:

Post a Comment