Monday, October 1, 2012



Monday Mayhem
I am a planner ~ it’s true. I like to check things off my ‘to do ‘ list.  I’ve even been known to write things down just to check them off a few minutes later! J So, is it too early to tell you I’ve started my Christmas shopping. Well, actually I started it a couple weeks ago, but hadn’t gotten around to unloading the bags until this morning. I sorted out my ‘piles’ by grandchild and wrote myself a list to keep track of things. (I feel so much like my mom. Each person has to have the same number of gifts from her so no one felt favored) Guess what? I’m doing the same thing! Ridiculous, I know, but true. Once the bags were officially unloaded, I found that Jaxon is done; Braylon and Cooper each need a few more things and little Crosby needs lots from Grandma Nae. J

I have this ‘to do’ list that seems to grow rather than shrink so I’m making a real effort today to get as much checked off as possible. Not major projects, just lots of little things here and there that I’ve been wanting to get done. I have the morning off from watching Jaxon and Braylon today so I’m trying to make the most of my free time. Both boys have been fighting colds and coughs the last week or so. Jaxon was at our house yesterday and complained about his tummy hurting. He told me, “Grandma, I think I’m going to throw up.” Of course I rushed him in to the bathroom but nothing happened.  A few minutes later he said, “Nope, it was just a burp.”  Five minutes later, a tummy complaint led us back in the bathroom. Nothing.  The third time was the real thing. We barely made it. I’m talking projectile force. It. Went. Everywhere. I’m talking everywhere. Thank heavens, Papa was home and he cleaned it up. (**to this day I have never cleaned up vomit. Not even my own children’s. I can’t do it. I mean, I literally cannot do it. Unless of course you want me to join in the fun.**)   Oh, by the way, did I mention I had made carrot/apple juice for the boys? So you can imagine what color the bathroom floor was.  Yeah, I don’t think I’ll be making that again anytime soon. I’m guessing Jaxon will agree. Poor little guy. Today finds him feeling much better though. J

I’m also known as a bit of a procrastinator; which doesn’t really match up with the planner in me. I only procrastinate on a few things, one of them being paying bills. Ugghh! I Do Not Like Paying Bills. So… this morning I forced myself to do it and after a long and ugly hour, I finished. No, it probably wasn’t as bad as I make it out to be but it sure did feel like it at the time. :P    I solemnly vow that I will not procrastinate about paying bills (until next month).

Enjoy Your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment