Wednesday, July 9, 2014

We're one week in!!

I'm hoping you've given yourself the green light to try new combinations on your green smoothie challenge! We are already more than a week into the challenge!! Time flies when you're having fun!

I typically love blueberries in smoothies but I've found that I do not love blueberries in my green smoothies. I'm not sure what it is about the combination but definitely didn't like it as well as usual. It's really all about finding what YOU like and sticking with it. After all, you want your smoothie to taste delicious right?

As I was making my smoothie this morning, my neighbor stopped by. He saw the green mixture in the blender and asked what in the world I was making. I explained the process of adding kale into my smoothie and he had never heard of kale, so I showed him what it looked like. See... you learn something new every day! After wrinkling his nose at the color, he gave it a taste and loved it! 




Try this recipe for your next green smoothie:

* a handful of spinach
* a handful of lettuce

* 1 - 2 cups of ice cubes
* 1 cup orange juice
* 1 apple - peeled and cored
* 1 pear - peeled and cored
* 1 banana ( frozen or fresh)
* juice of 1/2 a lemon
* small bunch of cilantro (optional)
* small bunch parsley (optional)

Many of you have cilantro and parsley in your gardens now so this is a great way to use it. Keep in mind that you can use a little or a lot depending on your own personal preferences! Experiment!

 And remember - it's best to blend the liquid and the greens together first before adding the rest of the ingredients.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment